In 1927, having completed his apprenticeship with a local tailors and service as a pilot in the Royal Flying Corps, his son Cecil sourced £400 in funds and expanded Alexander’s to include a premises at 51 The Thoroughfare, Woodbridge. The premises was moved to 10 The Thoroughfare in 1945.
In 1957, the Business became a limited company H C Alexander Ltd, and son John K Alexander joined one year later.
In 1978 the Ipswich shop closed, but by this time Alexander’s of Woodbridge was growing fast and expanded into 12 The Thoughfare.
H. Cecil Alexander died in 1994, the same year that his youngest grandson Hamish C Alexander joined the business. In 2022 Alexander’s celebrated 95 years trading in Woodbridge.